You as parents are the most important people in your child’s life.
We will work closely in partnership with you in all aspects of your child’s life at Caterpillar’s as the continuity of care of your child is our priority.
We provide many opportunities both informally and formally for you and our staff to discuss your child’s individual needs and their development:
• The Nursery’s policies and procedures are fully explained to all new parents and carers on their first visit to the Nursery. These are accessible to parents in the Parents' Room for further reference.
• We have a designated Parents' Room where parents and carers can access nursery information, reference material, refreshements and speak with staff privately.
• Home visits are carried out where possible for all new children joining the nursery.
• Settling-In Visits are encouraged to aid the transition from home to Caterpillar Day Nursery. These are an initial opportunity for parents and carers to contribute their knowledge of their child’s daily routines and interests to a Key Person who is assigned to your child.
• Learning Stories - we aim to support every child with a learning experiences that is planned from the child's starting point with activities that are challenging yet achievable so that they can continue to enjoy learning. Your child's Key Person will be sensitive to their individual development to ensure that the activities they undertake are suitable for the stage that they have reached. Staff will therefore complete ongoing observational assessment in their Learning Stories to inform planning for each child's continuing development through play-based activities. The records are shared with parents and carers regularly and include parental involvement at every stage
• Parents and carers can access all information on their child at any time on request and can make an appointment to meet with your child’s Key Person.
• Verbal feedback occurs between staff and the main carers at the beginning and the end of a child’s session. As well as daily diaries for the under 2’s we have a whiteboard displayed outside the over 2’s rooms, detailing the day’s activities and forthcoming events.
• A suggestion box is situated in the entrance area and we send out a questionnaire to parents and carers annually. These ensure that parents and carers have the opportunity to communicate their thoughts and help us to continually evaluate the quality of our nursery.
• We regularly display notices to highlight forthcoming events and changes.
• Parents and carers are often invited to participate in nursery activities and events such as our nursery outings. Our parents are also welcome to come into the nursery to offer their skills as part of our Nursery Curriculum.
• Stay and play sessions are organised regularly throughout the year at the nursery for you to participate fully in your children's activities. Our 'hands -on' approach enables parent to gain an understanding into the various learning activities and experiences on offer.
• We publish a quarterly newsletter.