You as parents are the most important people in your child’s life.
We will work closely in partnership with you in all aspects of your child’s life at Caterpillar Day Nursery, as the continuity of care for your child is our priority.
We provide many opportunities both informally and formally for you and our staff to discuss your child’s individual needs and their development:
• The Nursery’s policies and procedures are fully explained to all new parents and carers on their first visit to the Nursery. These are accessible to parents in the Parents' Room for further reference.
• We have a designated Parents' Room where parents and carers can access nursery information, reference material, refreshments and speak with staff privately.
• Settling-in visits are encouraged to aid the transition from home to Caterpillar Day Nursery. These are an initial opportunity for parents and carers to contribute their knowledge of their child’s daily routines and interests to a Key Person who is assigned to your child.
• Learning Stories - we aim to support every child with a learning experiences that is planned from the child's starting point with activities that are challenging yet achievable so that they can continue to enjoy learning. Your child's Key Person will be sensitive to their individual development to ensure that the activities they undertake are suitable for the stage that they have reached. Staff will therefore complete ongoing observational assessment in their electronic Learning Stories to inform planning for each child's continuing development through play-based activities. We use an app called Parent Link to record all aspects of your child's progress, which you can access remotely and also add any relevant information to their portfolio.
• Parents and carers can access all information on their child at any time on request and can make an appointment to meet with your child’s Key Person.
• Verbal feedback occurs between staff and the main carers at the beginning and the end of a child’s session. As well as daily diaries for the under 2’s we have a whiteboard displayed outside the over 2’s rooms, detailing the day’s activities and forthcoming events.
• We send out a questionnaire to parents and carers annually. These ensure that parents and carers have the opportunity to communicate their thoughts and help us to continually evaluate the quality of our nursery.
• We regularly display notices to highlight forthcoming events and changes. These are also emailed out to parents and added to our Facebook and Instragram pages
• Parents and carers are often invited to participate in nursery activities and events such as our nursery outings. Our parents are also welcome to come into the nursery to offer their skills as part of our Nursery Curriculum.
• We hold an annual Parent Involvement Week where parents are invited into the nursery for stay and play sessions, to attend workshops, share breakfast or lunch with their child or join in with one of our extra curricular activities.